subtitle

just like Visa--I'm everywhere you want to be!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm two seconds away from throwing out everything I own...


Hello peoples!

It's Thursday night, which means I have approximately 2.5 days left before this leg of the journey starts! Tonight's grumble?

packing. and how much i loooooathe it.

You'd think with my new title of 'nomad' that I would be excited about packing light. Well, trust, I am. However, the art of packing light has never been a talent of mine. So maybe I'll list here some of the things I think are necessity for my NY trip and you tell me how silly I am being? Sound good? Okay here we go:

1. Clothes, shoes and purses *scarves included, made by yours truly*
2. Bedding and towels
3. Dvds and computer supplies *such as blank cds, power cords, etc*
4. books and greeting cards *im starting Christmas early this year!*
5. kitchenware *this includes the coveted Perfect Brownie pan*
6. more clothes
7. snacks *provided by Grandma and Grandpa, thanks!*
8. some more clothes
9. beauty supplies
10. tiny tv and bedroom lamp

so, am I doing alright? If I am, then why does it feel like I have way too much stuff?

p.s. did I mention that I have to shove all this in my car, the White Noble Steed?

anyway, in case you need a few visuals of the packing job, here you go:



my closet, with only a few days left worth of clothes.

the world's largest duffle bag which is currently housing about 85% of my entire wardrobe.


I'm starting to feel a bit worn out--tomorrow is my last day of work at my current job, then I'll have one day in between to see friends/finalize all my stuff. Think I can do it?


Oh, you know I'm always up for a challenge.
xx
yours truly,
Mel

3 comments:

  1. When in doubt... pack the Twilight paraphernalia and leave the rest. I mean, honestly, what could you need besides a mini Jasper and a few Pearl Snaps? Oh... and your computer obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chas you're right. I forgot to add my twilight box to the list. trust, that stuff's all ready to go on the epic journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, you can do it Mels! I have faith in you.

    ReplyDelete