subtitle

just like Visa--I'm everywhere you want to be!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Seven Days to Blastoff!


Hey! If you're here then you found my link and that means I did something right ;) I'm officially seven days away from taking off on the journey of a lifetime and I made this blog so you all could see what I'm up to and what I'm getting myself into :)


In case you didn't know, I've recently taken on a new job that will have me traveling while I work (yes this is a dream come true) and I thought that it was time I jumped on the blog bandwagon and gave myself something to look back on one day, while at the same time being able to share it with all of you that I love!


I'm going to try to update this as much as I can, and I'm hoping that you'll join me in this new leg of my life.


My first stop is Albany, NY, and I'm not exactly sure how long I'll be there. August 1st is the big move date as I drive across the country (if you live in neighboring states, beware! haha)


Packing has been a slow process for me. I finally realized that it was a good idea NOT to wait until the last minute, and the last two weekends have been spent getting rid of things I no longer need and putting aside things that I'd still like to hold onto. I never realized how little a person needs to survive--it's incredible!


My room looks like my closet exploded, but I'm slowly getting it all back into some sort of organized chaos. It will be hard to leave the place that I've grown up, but I am looking forward to new adventures!


So I leave you with a picture of the packing so far. It's made some headway, so imagine this with a few more piles of treasured "junk" and maybe a knicknack or two!


Until next time,

xx

mel


6 comments:

  1. Awww, I look forward to reading about your adventures!

    Now you have a blogspot account, you can totally comment on my blog now, eh? *Wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited for you, Mels. Also really glad you made a little bloggy-blog - I love these things, and you'll be super fun to keep track of these ways, what with you documenting all your travels.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Mel, You know how much I adore you so I won't waste time writing about that. What I will tell you is this; every day is a new adventure. It might be scary, it might be difficult, but God is putting you on this path for a reason. Stay strong in your faith and belief that he is leading you on one of the greatest journeys of your life. Do something new every day. Take a chance. Meet new people. Experience new things. Love with your whole heart. And most importantly, never look back. I love you and I know that you will grow and learn so much during this. Remember that you always have a place to stay in Texas!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and PS: Stalkmett says to pack plenty of snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm so glad you started this, mels! i can't wait to read about your travels and fun adventures. :) i love you and i really only have one thing left to say - new york is suuuuper close to ohio. ;)

    have i mentioned yet that i love you?

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just catching up now--excited to see all of your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete