subtitle

just like Visa--I'm everywhere you want to be!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Albany 101: Lesson three: Cliff Notes

You know what makes me feel good? Being pestered to update the blog. Yes, I am talking about you Katie and Kristina. Silly girls. Well you kept bugging and here it is!

So much has happened since the last time I updated. There are a few things I have learned that I want to share with you to help you survive if you are suddenly left in the Albany, NY area.

1. Make sure you go the speed limit. In Florida, 55 mph usually means its acceptable to go 70 mph on I-4. However, in Albany, people actually adhere to the limits. Weird. Also, when they say go 15mph on the exits, they MEAN it. Everything here is older than Florida and there are a lot more hills. So when you exit, you're usually doing some crazy wild turns. So, if you're ever in a huge truck, slow.it.down.

2. Wave at people. They like it. I'm not saying everyone is friendlier here, but I have noticed that people are more willing to return a smile or a nod. It makes you feel happy, right? So make sure you let people know you've made eye contact!

3. Remember you are in the North. People do things different then they do in Florida. Okay that one is specifically for me but its a good one to take note of. That's the point of seeing other places right? To see how the world lives?

4. Have air conditioning. It's maybe maxed out here at 85 degrees but without air conditioning it feels unbearable. And sticky.

Overall, things are great! My hair doesn't poof (the humidity is not as bad) which automatically makes me feel more like a girl then a Chia Pet!

Im sorry this is a short post. I promise I have tons of pictures to post soon, but I just found out I have to be at a job site bright and early a la 7:45 am so I have to get some stuff done before I hit the haystacks!

I miss you all and love that I can keep in touch with you!

xx
Mel

1 comment:

  1. Awww, love hearing about what's happening where you are.

    ReplyDelete